Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekly Video - Video 6 and Facebook Opportunity

Here is this week's video encouraging Orlando Health to be more culturally competent.


I want to say thank you to everyone who has been supporting this movement so far. I'm sure at Orlando Health there are plenty of closed door conversations trying to thwart these efforts. I know this because it happened while I worked there - and the public actions they have taken as of late to try and show how wonderful they are parallel that of staged propaganda.

Recently, Orlando Health established a Facebook Group. Please join the group and share how you feel about equal benefits in the workplace. There are over 1,400 members of the group and two very interesting things are happening:

1. The people who are posting comments are all saying essentially the same thing - 'I've worked at Orlando Health for x numbers of years and I love it.' But, only I seem to be addressing what the organization could do better. Sounds a bit fishy.

2. I have sent friend requests to many of the members of the group and many have accepted my request. My profile picture is very clear that I am on a mission - so it's not as though I'm trying to trick people into becoming my Facebook friend.

Though is seems somewhat manipulative, I would like to thank Orlando Health for providing such a public venue for feedback. Now, if people would use it to do more than reinforce the status quo the group could really be something useful. I'm not saying wonderful things don't happen at Orlando Health. They do. It's just, well...we shall see if you join me and seize this opportunity to provide critical feedback to a company responsible for saving and improving lives - so they can do just that even better.

Your voice matters.

Thank you.

Alan L. Bounville
Former Orlando Health employee and current donor
407-484-6671
alanbounville@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment