Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hateful and Disturbing Facebook Emails

I sent this person a Facebook friend request this evening as I do to many people who are fans of Orlando Health. Some people ask who I am and of course I tell them. Here is the whole chain of messages between us. As I continue to say, when you scratch the surface you uncover so much...

From Ed Laucks in response to my Facebook friend request:

You don't say who you are. You picked me off a site that daughter is on. She doesn't know you. So, what's the deal? I don't agree with a lot of what you say.


My reply to Ed Laucks:


Ed,


I am a former employee and current donor of Orlando Health. I have several friends who work there - gay and straight. Orlando Health has for years been trying to suppress voices. They don't want to offer domestic partner benefits to gay or straight employees, they don't want to create a diversity office to allow employees to bring their different cultural voices to the shaping of the organization.


What part of what I say don't you agree with?


Ed Laucks' reply to me:


Well, for one you are barking up the wrong tree. I am Christian and do not believe in queer life styles. I've had too many queers hit on me in my life who don't know how to take no for answer. And then you expect me to support your cause? Not a chance! I've been married for 30 years! I was raped by a male doctor when I was young in his office.


You would never want to step in front of me. I don't care what you think of me! I don't believe in anything you say! I have my rights to believe in what I want. And you can't make me think otherwise. So bark up somebody elses boner.


My response to Ed Laucks:


Ed,


I am sorry you were raped by a male doctor. That is horrible. Whether that feeds into your homophobia or not - what you say here is extremely hurtful and parallel to the hate people express to people of color, women or any other minority group.


It is also very unfortunate if you are spreading this hate to your family.


And if some day I do happen to step in front of you I would hope you would not cause me any physical harm as that would not at all be Christian of you. In fact, I can't at all what is Christian in any of your statements - unless being Christian means also being homophobic and threatening to LGBT people.


My final message to Ed Laucks:


Ed,

You should know I have posted our communication on the blog I manage in regard to this movement. I assure you - if you were to pursue any kind of further threat I will seek legal action.

Here is the link to the blog post.

http://ohdi.blogspot.com/2009/12/hateful-and-disturbing-facebook-emails.html

Sincerely,

Alan L. Bounville



No comments:

Post a Comment